THE VIEW

2014/11/04





Usually my everyday life here is quite hectic organised. I spend major parts of my time in buses or looking at maps (on my phone bc I don't want to look like a tourist!) in order not to get completely lost. I have a destination and I go there straight because London is fuggin huge and if you don't focus on moving you get run over by all those people. But then there are these moments when I don't have anywhere to go, no time schedule, no tube to catch. I wander around aimlessly and just look around.
Those are the moments that really make me realise that I am living in LONDON now. I see the skyline, all those sights and perceive how big and impressive the city is. And eventhough there are much cooler parts of London than the sights and the tourist-overflowing riverside (more on those parts will definitely follow!!), I somehow tend to like that view. And if I am lucky enough, I even carry my camera with me to snap some photos – which I do most of the time, trying to ignore the massive backache, because I just couldn't miss the chances of some great pics. Firstworldbloggerproblems.
Most of the pictures you can see above are shot from the rooftop terrace of the TATE gallery, which kinda develops to my second home. I just love the contrast of the photos which are shot looking over the thames at old architecture and enormous glass buildings and those looking down at the people. I could spend hours there just looking at everything and soaking up the atmosphere. I have some more posts up in my sleeve so stay tuned!! love from ldn, lea

No comments: