DASHES OF COLOUR

2014/10/07






























Art supplies stores are always beautiful and somehow magical places. I could spent hours looking at the wide range of colours, feeling the different papers between my fingers, smelling the scent of leather covered notebooks and wooden brushes. But while many of those stores have ollivander-ish shelves (you know what I mean), which are overstuffed with pens and paints and make the whole space appear dark and small, I now found a place that is totally different. In need of a new sketch pad I was walking through the streets and passed this twice without noticing it (thank you google maps!). Jackson's Art Supplies is located in a backyard and going up the stairs you enter a space with huge windows and plenty of daylight coming in. I fell in love with the contrast created by the raw walls and industrial details (which make the place even appear unfinished) and the neatly arranged tubes of colours and delicately designed packages with all those dashes of colour everywhere. The searching for it is definitely worth it! love from ldn, lea

// Jacksons Art Supplies / 1 Farleigh Place

update: The team of Jacksons liked my photos so much, that they decided to post about me on their blog! Feeling so honored, check it out here

No comments: